Since everyone has to eat, we want to make sure you’re eating as deliciously as possible.
Foodilicious!’ is a collection of dishes prepared by UrbanCuisine.
Today’s dish is Grilled croaker fish with potatoes & veggies.
Grilled fish is simply delicious and yummy and very simple to prepare while the ingredients can be twisted to suit the available spices and seasonings in your kitchen pantry.
How to Prepare this Grilled croaker
• 2 Croaker Fish(or any whole fish of choice)
• 1 tablespoonful ground Black pepper
• 1 tablespoonful thyme OR basil OR dried oregano(Optional but adds nice Herby taste &flavor)
• 1 tablespoonful ground Red Chili pepper(or to suit your taste
• ½ teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
• 1 tablespoonful garlic powder/3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 bouillon /stock cube/seasoning cube (optional if you are MSG intolerant)
• ½ teaspoon curry powder(optional)
• 3 tablespoonful Vegetable Oil
• ½ teaspoon Salt to taste.
1. Clean the fish in salted or lime water and remove the scales gills and gut.Rinse thoroughly and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together until well incorporated(Except the fish of course)
3. Next, Place the fish on a wide aluminum foil(wide enough to cover the fish properly) and with a sharpened knife make some slashes lengthwise on each fish. These slashes will help the marinade to penetrate into the fish and enhance the taste).
TIP: the number of slashes you make will depend on the size & length of the fish you are using.
4. Using a brush or your clean hands, rub the marinade mix on the fish and also inside the spaces made by the slashes. Make sure that the fish is well covered with the marinade. Then cover with the foil and leave in the fridge to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
Tip: Another effective way to marinade is to dump the fish into a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Shake rigorously , and leave to rest.
5. Preheat the oven grill for 20 minutes at 180C/375F. while you wait for the fish to soak in the marinade.
6. Take out the fish from the fridge, remove the aluminum foil. Grease the grill with oil and place the fish on the hot grill.
Leave the fish to cook for 5 to 10 minutes on one side before flipping over to the other side.(The time it takes to cook depends on how hot your grill is)
If you want a very tender fish, you can grill the fish inside the foil.
The fish is ready when it is beautifully brown on both sides. So take of the heat, serve and enjoy!
Serve with potatoes and veggies and chilled glass of juice.
UrbanCuisine is a Lagos/Abuja based company offering professional catering services,with tailor-made menus to suit your preferences, we have packages that are friendly and affordable in a competitive market.We have a resolute interest in what we do and strive to translate our love of food into what you will appreciate.We value our food and use fresh and local ingredients to cook. We don’t serve what we can’t cook excellently or eat.We have our menus but we help create customized menus to suit you, your style and budget.UrbanCuisine translates your vision to create a unique moment for you.
Have an event you’re interested in having catered? We’d love to hear from you. Call us on: 08178591963, 08166143748.We also do breakfast ,lunch,diner.